No Zoo, but Cheyenne's trip to Toys R Us!

So, we didn't make it to the zoo today! :( Don didn't get in until 4 this morning so he slept until 11:30, well it takes us about an hour and a half to get to the zoo and it closes at 5. We want to go and spend the day and do the zoo and aquarium in one. So we were going to take her to Leaping Lizards. It's an indoor inflatable spacewalk place in Raceland, but they don't open to the public until 6pm. So we decided to just go to Metairie and run around town. We went to Michael's because I have 2 orders for Wall Letters that I'm going to do and send out hopefully this week. They had all the letters but A's and I's. Well, luckily I could get an X and I'm going to cut the pieces off to make it an I and they should have a shipment of more letters Monday they said. So, I'll have to go back. Next was Toys R Us! I figured she would have been like in the stores at Disney, grabbing everything she saw! Surprisingly she didnt. She grabbed this huge weird looking ball and walked around the whole store with it. lol. I was going to look for a bounce house and price them, but they're too expensive and small so I'm just going to find one online and order it. We walked around looking at everything, well when I went down the stroller aisle because I am in need of a good umbrella stroller Cheyenne spotted the power wheel's cars. Needless to say, she picked the one she wants Santa to bring her! lol She wouldn't get out of it and kept saying "I wanna wiiide". Finally we got her off and went by the movies and found her a new Mickey Mouse Movie since she's obsessed with Mickey Mouse, Dora, and Blue's Clues. Since we have too make Dora and Blues Clue's and only 1 Mickey Mouse, she needed a new one, mommy is tired of hearing the 1 dvd.. lol. We left there and wanted some lunch so we headed to Bennigan's. Afterwards we went to Room's To Go on Veterans. When we walk in the door I pointed to the kids area and a lady walked up and said "You obviously need to go to the Kid's department since you're pointing at it" lol. I said yes and laughed. Well she looked at Cheyenne and said "oh my goodness look at you, you look like a little woman with your high heel shoes" So she had to call over a few people to show them Cheyenne. Cheyenne LOVES the attention too. lol. So we went over by the beds and a man asked if I needed help. I asked him "Do you have toddler bed thats convert" and he interupts me and says "nope, babies r us, you're the third person to come in here and ask for that". I said "oh, okay." He then asked what kind of bed we had now for her, I told him a crib that I had borrowed from someone. Well, when he asked if I had a bed in mind and I said yes and told him it's a toddler bed that converts to a full size bed. He tells me "Don't get it", shaking his head. I ask him why. He then says "They're not worth it and they don't come with the side railings, you'd be better off getting a big bed and lowering it and putting railings on it". I told him I found a bed on the internet that I want and it has railings. He says "no they don't come with railings". I told him again, yes it did. He laughs and says "okay, I've been working in the furniture business for 30 some odd years, but I don't know any betters". I gave him a really rude look turned around and told Don, "We need to get out of here before I go off". I was not in the best mood and he was not helping. So we leave. I start questioning the bed I looked at and look it up on my phone. Here is a picture of it!

This is it as a toddler bed, with the side railings.








































This is it when it converts to a full size bed.

I don't know what this man's high horse was, but he needed to definitely get off of it.

Well, after that we went to another Michael's to see if they had A's, and they did not, so we headed to the Westbank. There wasn't anything we needed over there besides Mo's Pizza and since we had just eaten lunch we just drove around. Don showed me the house he lived in with his mom and dad when they were married, then showed me the house he lived in with his dad and Taryn when they got married before they moved into the house they were living in when we met. Then he showed me where his Grandma lived a few years ago and just showed me all around the back roads of the Westbank. lol. We finally decided to head to Mo's and order our Pizza. We drove around after that waiting the 30 minutes for the pizza and then after leaving there Don decided he wanted some hot tamales. Well, in the Piggly Wiggly parking lot they have a HUGE cow. Cheyenne is obsessed with cows right now. So he parked by the cow and walked to the tamale stand. Well, while he was out the truck Cheyenne says "I wanna touccchhh it" and shes holding her hand out flat trying to reach the cow. So when Don gets in the truck I tell him she wants to toucccchhh it, lol she he brings her to touch it. lol What Cheyenne wants, Cheyenne gets haha. After that we head home. We eat pizza by his dad's house with the whole Motley Crew and Don gets called into work, which I don't understand because he's not even on call, but whatev. So he is still at work now for about another 2 hours. Getting hours I guess is the best positive to be? As for me, I just finished cleaning up because my mom and dad are coming over tomorrow for the big crawfish and crab boil. We have 4 sacks of crawfish reserved and 15 dozen crabs. Yes, it's ridiculous! I can't wait!

Well, to end things off, 2 more pictures!






Cheyenne in the car I'm guessing Santa is going to bring her this year! lol




















And her touching the cow!!!





















Good night! And Happy Father's Day to all the Daddy's!!

0 comments: